Our Best Answer
Am I exempt from residency requirements if I am in the military or I am a veteran?
Military Waiver of Non-resident Tuition
Members of the U.S. armed forces on active duty in the State of California
(and have not been assigned to California for educational purposes) are
exempt from non-resident tuition. There is no requirement to establish
California residency; however, one must be on active duty at the time they
are admitted to the College to qualify for this waiver. Upon separating from
the military, the student will be required to provide evidence of intent to
establish residency in California at least one year prior to the admittance
Non-resident Veterans (AB13 2014)
Eligibility for nonresident tuition exemption contact Admissions and
Records. Dependents of non-resident military personnel are entitled to an
exemption from non-resident tuition until they have established California residency.
Top 10 Questions
- What types of financial aid do you have available?
- Do you offer financial aid for international students?
- How do I contact a student, staff member or department?
- Do you offer a tutoring service?
- How do I declare or change my major or minor?
- How do I contact the Admissions & Records Office?
- How do I contact the Financial Aid Office?
- How do I apply as an adult returning student?
- Am I exempt from residency requirements if I am in the military or I am a veteran?
- What majors or academic programs do you offer?